TIPS FOR THE HOLIDAYS:
- Identify threats to your sobriety and make a plan to deal with them.
- Dailly contact with recovery support system.
- Have a plan for unstructured time. Better yet, make a plan for each day.
- Watch out for pre-trip and post trip emotional fallout as well.
- Find additional recovery meetings to attend if possible.
- Take healthy steps in your relationships.
Now, think about how your recovery journey was affected by your holiday and family activities, and write down items for the following two categories:
1) I’m glad I did this and I need to remember to do it again:
2) I wish I would have: